Friday, April 8, 2011

Taffetas & Hallmark : I'm so excited I can't sleep





Here's the turnaround for Gemini Taffeta I did last weekend!

The absolutely amazing Yesenia Carrero is vectoring the turnaround now which will double as our base puppets for Gemini. Might I say: goodness, that girl is A-mazing! The vectored version makes my sketch version cry in shame - Jess is able to add just little small nuances to the final vectors, little fixes and nudges here and there, that really bring the character to life. I can't wait to start animation!

Might I add, Jess is a brilliant designer, illustrator, friend, and co-worker. She and I are co-directors/creators/producers of Taffetas and I wouldn't want to have it any other way! You should totally check out her newly updated website.

Likewise, I would really like to stop and say thank you to everyone who has been supportive of me and my artistic endeavors. It means a lot because I live, eat, and breathe this stuff.

And on a super-exciting note, I am 1 of 17 interns that will be going to Hallmark's annual Summer internship this year (we were selected out of almost 1,000 applicants from around the country!) ! I think I was told I am also the only animator this year, so that's pretty exciting (though a tad nerve-racking).

I'm so excited because I know I'm going to learn a lot and meet a lot of awesome creative-types. I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity.

So, yes, in short: thanks everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...