Friday, February 1, 2008

backgrounds are cool



However, I recently learned about this new method that is sometimes used in painting: under painting. It's where you more or less do all your shading in achromatic tone(though I think you can also do chromatic tones, if you want to have a certain coolness or warmth to your painting), and then go over your painting with a thin glaze of color. This can be done in photoshop with the multiply layer, haha.


Anyway, that's just me quickly fooling with the idea of it. I think I'll use the method fully for the next painted background. Problem for this one is, for an under painting, I think I went way too dark, considering all the shades get darker with a multiply layer over it. Hopefully a lighter under layer should be a compromise of what I don't like in both images: first one's too light, second one's too dark.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...