Thursday, December 16, 2010

House Sitting



Currently, my friend Jess and I find ourselves back in good 'ol Savannah, GA... but without school. We're house sitting for someone (the sweet dog we're looking after drawn above). I can tell you, the experience is amazing. Jess and I get up around 7:30 AM, have a quaint breakfast, go outside to admire a beautiful oceanic view and walk the dog, and come back inside to work until 6 PM (with a nice break for lunch in there, too, of course!). After 6 is whatever-the-heck-you-want-to-do-but-it-shouldn't-be-more-work time.

It's been an enlightening experience trying to work to a more traditional schedule. A more structured, healthy routine and a change of scenery in combination with a lack of internet on the work machines means so much more productivity in the day, and I'm happy to report a decent amount of progress on my work.

Next week I plan to be starting work back up for my own senior film, as well. I'm finally feeling re-invigorated for it after a while of being a little morose and apprehensive.



Here's the first of hopefully a few more studies/sketches for an illustration idea I've had in my head for weeks now. It's of Lace, Veil's mother (that is not Veil in her arms, however).


Sapphire head! I based her more off the really cool model I was talking about in an earlier post and changed her colors and ears. I like where she is going- she is still pretty without being stereotypically so. I definitely wanted to make her look a little bit more ethnic, as I imagine her society to be sort of Indian. Compare this image to the one in THIS POST !


I made this when I made the images from THIS POST , but it got buried in my USB drive. I like this one a lot because of the colors, it really inspires me to do something similar in color scheme... like a cool, lineless byzantine-inspired work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...