Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Taffetas Once More


If you read The Taffetas production blog, you're probably aware of the revamping our story and pitch presentation is undergoing. I'm thrilled as this means a ton of new art for me to do. The above image is something I just finished off yesterday. It's our new Veil and Gemini couple picture which Yesenia is vectoring in our style. I like how it came out, and I love their outfits. I finally made veil's feet bigger which is something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

I went through a lot of rough sketches and thumbnails for this image, in the end it came down to two rough poses, both of which I inked and colored although the one I choose to show today is by the far the better one.


 
A taste of some of the sketch work- rough poses and Yesenia's help with possible fashion choices

As usual, I'm super excited for Taffetas and I feel great about the direction we're headed. I'm especially happy to finally be caught up with our e-mails for the project, which took all weekend. I feel like a weight has been lifted, and now we can really be more efficient in our correspondence with crew members and supporters once more. 



Not to mention our slick new e-mail template designed by Yesenia Carrero.

We've also got a lot good things going for us which I am very grateful for. We've almost reached 300 likes on our facebook page which is fantastic! I really think we could reach 500 by the end of next year and this is all before we've even started production on the project! Wow. 

I'm so surprised and honored by how much support we get for this project. It's really touching and confirms my belief that this is going to be something big.


In closing, here's a drawing of baby Veil (or their son Licorice, really).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...