Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Daisies



X-posted from Deviantart:
Daisies are a symbol of innocence.

Here's sort of a concept illustration of how I think a scene or panel from my one-day-I-will-tell-it superhero story might look like.

Here we have Veil, who is the closest thing the story has to a villain, even though he's actually being a hero, and is, for most of the story, practically worshiped as a hero among heroes. It's confusing.

I guess it's just, you know, homicidal tendencies tend to get you into the 'villain' category one way or another. He's also kind of a buzz kill, so there's that.

I took away his usual long ears in this one as well. I kind of miss them and I don't.

I really wish I had more time to do stuff like this, but unfortunately with school, I really can't afford to spend a couple of days on a single image- which why I really only ever have sketches to upload...

[/end x-posting]

Also you'll notice a change in the linework from the WIP below and here- it's because, as fun as the thick outline was, it didn't match the style once I brought in the painted background. It's all good though, I'm really happy with how it came out. This sort of anime-cel-feel has been a style I've been trying to grasp for years. I know some may frown upon it (the anime influence, that is), but personally I find the attention to color, composition, and backgrounds admirable, and something I want to bring into ALL of my work- cartoony or not.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...