Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ralph!







So Ralph is definitely my favorite of the Noodles cast...consequently, he's probably the most developed, too. I think it's just a combination of that he is the oldest character of mine in the group (being 4+ years, I think?) and also that I find I can identify with him in a lot of ways (not enough, I hope, to where it's author self-insertion or whatever, but some of this struggles and mannerisms I think I especially sympathize with).

I have to admit, I'm really loving the characters without their hats. Artistically , I'm trying to study Tom & Jerry episodes/gestures/silhouettes (some of Ralph' poses here, even, were based off of gestures I did of Tom and Jerry), since I have found that show to be an inspiration for what direction I want to take the style of Noodles in. (Other inspirations include but are not limited to: Chowder, Spongebob, and Winnie the Pooh)

1 comment:

Ann said...

Ralph has come such a long way from when you started developing him. This is his most exciting stage. I love the way his ears are shaped. They remind me of chips. :D

Haha, the word I have to verificate is "thshiz". This means your art is the shizz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...